Hey! journalists, students, editors, publishers, broadcasters, student advisers, radio journalists, online publications and journalism organizations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands:
SPJ Region 3 and the Savannah Morning News are offering you a great opportunity to get your name or brand out there in cyberland and also throughout the South. But I have to straight with you — this is about an annual celebration for recognizing the accomplishments of both professional and collegiate investigative journalism this past year. This outstanding opportunity is for you or your organization to become a distinctive sponsor for the Larry Peterson Memorial Award for Investigative Journalism and Help Ideas Happen!!
Larry Peterson was a “dogged seeker of truth” for 15 years at the Savannah Morning News. The News lost Peterson to cancer in 2014 and together with his wife Lanie and SPJ Region 3 have built an investigative journalism award to honor him for his great service to investigative journalism. Peterson’s legacy is built on recognizing outstanding investigative journalists who work in print, online, television and radio and made a distinctive impact in their communities.
Go to LarryPetersonAward.com to read about Larry Peterson’s work and books.
But also view below about last year’s award and workshop:
Two grand prizes distributed in 2015, the inaugural year of the award and workshop; acrylic awards given
- $400 monetary gift given to professional winner; $100 was split between a group of students who won
- Over $600 worth of entries was submitted for this award; More than 70 guests attended the workshop
- Expenses for hotel/travel for winners were covered; also keynote & panelists; 2015 Keynote speaker: Corey Johnson, The Marshall Project; five veteran investigative journalists panel
- Eligibility included journalists from SPJ Region 3 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In 2017, the Peterson Award will expand to 11 southern states within an award circuit and will receive national SPJ promotion.
In addition, we are anxiously looking forward to even greater success at the 2016 Larry Peterson Award Workshop event, which will be held on Nov. 12, 2016, in Savannah. If you are a platinum or gold medal sponsor, we will fly (or pay for mileage) along with providing great hotel accommodations in historic Savannah, Georgia. And much more ….
Please join us as a sponsor and see your name on a banner, promotional materials and in the award workshop program. We know you support investigative journalism, so let us show your logo and support by sponsoring the Larry Peterson Memorial Award for Investigative Journalism & Workshop 2016.
Below are the details concerning this year’s sponsorship levels:
- Platinum Medal = $5000 + : Your logo on all marketing and Larry Peterson Award workshop publications; banner at Larry Peterson Award Workshop; a duplicate Peterson Award engraved acrylic award for sponsors; a reserved table at the workshop for up to eight individuals; hotel and airfare for two individuals will be covered for the event if the sponsor is not from Savannah area; sponsors’ dinner for two.
- Gold Medal = $2500 + : Your logo on all marketing and Larry Peterson Award workshop publications; a smaller duplicate Peterson Award engraved acrylic award; reserved table for up to four, hotel accommodations for one individual plus mileage reimbursement if sponsor is not from Savannah area; sponsors’ dinner for two.
- Silver Medal = $1000 + : Smaller logo on all marketing and workshop publications; an engraved acrylic award for sponsorship; reserved seat at workshop; sponsors’ dinner for two.
- Bronze Medal = $500 + : Smaller logo on all marketing and workshop publications; reserved seat at workshop; sponsors’ dinner for two.
- Sapphire Medal = $250 +: Listed as sponsor in Larry Peterson Award workshop program; reserved seat at workshop; attendance at sponsors’ dinner for two.
- Ruby Medal = $100 +: Listed as sponsor in Larry Peterson Award workshop program; reserved seat at workshop
- Crystal Medal: Up to $99: Listed as sponsor in Larry Peterson Award workshop program
AND Go to LarryPetersonAward.com and enter your investigative journalism work for 2015 – 2016. (See date requirements on the website.) Win $400 for professionals and $100 for students + an all expense paid trip to Savannah, Georgia. You are invited to pick up your money and the beautiful award at the Larry Peterson Award Workshop, Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016, in Savannah.
We can’t wait for you and your name to be part of this fantastic annual award and celebration!
Questions?? Contact Sharon Dunten, Larry Peterson Award Administrator and Assistant Regional Director – SPJ Region 3 at email@example.com or call (317) 410-7217.